Srna, Eto'o, Wenger and other soccer legends: the squads for the match Game4Ukraine are named
Game4Ukraine, a charity match in support of Ukraine will be held at Chelsea FC's home arena Stamford Bridge in London on August 5. Ambassadors of the UNITED24 fundraising platform Andrii Shevchenko and Oleksandr Zinchenko will be on the pitch wearing the captain's armbands of the blue and yellow teams respectively. Game4Ukraine will bring together world soccer legends, current players of the English Premier League, as well as popular musicians, actors and presenters. The composition of the teams is really impressive.
The following players under the guidance of women's Chelsea team coach Emma Hayes will appear:
- Goalkeepers: Dida, Petr Čech, Júlio César, Carly Telford and Carlo Cudicini;
- Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro, Gerard Piqué, Christian Panucci, Massimo Oddo and William Gallas;
- Midfielders: Clarence Seedorf, Michael Essien, Claude Makélélé, Mykhailo Mudryk, Sergiño, Claire Rafferty and Joe Cole;
- Forwards: captain Andrii Shevchenko, his attack partner in Dynamo and the national team Serhii Rebrov, Samuel Eto'o, Gianfranco Zola, Jermain Defoe, Shota Arveladze, Luca Toni and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
The professional soccer players will be joined by celebrities such as Ted Lasso series star Toheeb Jimoh, British comedian Russell Howard, actors Archie Renaux and Ralph Little and musicians James Arthur and Chelcee Grimes.
"Andrii Shevchenko asked me and I wanted to help my friend, but this is much more than a charity game with friends. It's about education and I'm sure that's the most important thing for everyone. When people are in despair or at war, they don't know what will happen in the next hour. At least while the children are in school, life seems normal. I'm glad I can take part and hopefully, it will help to raise enough money so that we can rebuild the school," former Chelsea and Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Čech commented.
The coach of the yellow team will be the legendary Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger together with:
- Goalkeepers: Jens Lehmann, David James;
- Defenders: Bacary Sagna, Oleh Luzhnyi, Antonio Valencia, Darijo Srna, Per Mertesacker, Michael Sylvester, Wes Morgan, Joleon Lescott, Martin Škrtel, Jon Arne Riise, Gaël Clichy;
- Midfielders: captain Oleksandr Zinchenko, Robert Pires, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Mark Noble, Yevhen Konoplyanka, Katie Chapman, Jessica Hurtado, Rachel Enki;
- Forwards: Yevhen Levchenko and Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
The yellow team selebrity lineup will include Ted Lasso star Phil Dunster, actor Hiro Fiennes Tiffin, singer Tom Grennan and broadcaster Roman Kemp.
"No child in Ukraine is responsible for what is happening there. It is a very tragic situation that resonates in our hearts. Sometimes the media coverage of the war is not as widespread as it was at the beginning, so we have to try to help. Hopefully the game will help to restore education in Ukraine. It should also make people aware of what is happening. You can't sit and do nothing when the war is so close," former Germany goalkeeper and Arsenal's unbeaten squad Jens Lehmann said.
The teams will play for a charitable purpose: the money raised will be used to restore the Mykhailo-Kotsiubynsky Lyceum in Chernihiv region.
Buy a ticket here: https://www.game4ukraine.com/index.html
Support the collection for the restoration of the school and take part in the drawing of T-shirts with autographs of the participants: https://u24.gov.ua/ru/game4ukraine.