"Tyson Fury is injured. The fight with Usyk is canceled". The former world champion made a prediction for the fight of the century
Former world champion in two weight categories Paul Malignaggi (36-8, 7 KOs) believes that the fight between WBA, WBO, IBF heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk (21-0, 14 KOs) and British WBC titleholder Tyson Fury (33)-0-1, 24 KOs) will not take place. On September 29, it became known that Usyk and Fury had signed a contract for a fight for the title of absolute world champion, but according to Malignaggi, this does not mean anything.
The American ex-boxer is confident that the fight between Alexander and Tyson will take place no earlier than next year, despite the fact that it is scheduled for November/December 2023.
"Here's my prediction: Tyson Fury will withdraw due to injury, and then they'll reschedule the fight for the summer. He's like a box of chocolates: you don't know what kind of filling you're going to get. He got into Klitschko's head when he withdrew from the fight due to injury. But Fury plays these crazy psychological games. I can imagine that he'll try to play them with Usyk, too," Malignaggi said in an interview with ProBox TV, as translated by fightnews.info.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, former European Boxing Union (EBU) champion Spencer Oliver predicted Oleksandr Usyk's defeat in the fight with Tyson Fury.
Earlier, Fury made a radically new statement about the fight with Usyk. Prior to that, insider Mike Coppinger said that the promoters were optimistic about the chances of organizing a fight between the Ukrainian and the Briton.
In addition, Fury called Usyk a fraud after his victory over Dubois. The Gypsy King also mocked the Ukrainian for "rolling around the ring " after being hit in the fifth round of the fight on August 26.