русский
Українська

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

Maksym InshakovNews
Turki Al al-Sheikh made a frank statement

Turki Al-Al-Sheikh, the head of Saudi Arabia's General Directorate of Entertainment, said that the May 18 show will take place anyway. The organizer of the boxing evening in Riyadh announced a rule that will prevent the fight from being disrupted again.

The day before, it became known that the meeting between WBA, WBO, IBO and IBF titles holder Oleksandr Usyk (21-0, 14 KOs) and WBC champion Tyson Fury (34-0-1, 24 KOs) was postponed to May 18.

"If Usyk gets scared, I'll call Joshua for Tyson. If Tyson gets scared, then I will call any boxer that Usyk wants to fight. I promise this on my own behalf and put my reputation on the line. I have received guarantees from both parties. They know the rules," Al al-Sheikh said during a special broadcast from Saudi Arabia.

Earlier, Turki Al al-Sheikh said that either Usyk or Tyson would face a $10 million fine if either of them refused to perform.

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

As OBOZ.UA previously reported, Fury was injured on February 2 while preparing for his fight against Usyk. The fight, originally scheduled for February 17, was officially postponed.

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

Tyson issued a statement apologizing for the disruption of the fight and also showed a video of the moment of the injury.

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

Usyk's team commented on the situation with the fight being canceled with restraint.

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

Prior to that, the media reported on who could replace Tyson Fury in the fight with Usyk on February 17.

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

The legendary Lennox Lewis, who is the last absolute heavyweight champion of the world today, has already reacted to the megafight failure. According to the 58-year-old boxer, Tyson will need about 3 months to recover.

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

At the same time, Turki Al al-Sheikh made an official statement about the cancellation of the fight between Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury.

The organizers of the Usyk-Fury fight have made a new condition for boxers to guarantee the fight on May 18

Only verified information is available on our Telegram channel OBOZ.UA and Viber. Do not fall for fakes!

Other News

How to grow a lemon from seed: simple instructions

How to grow a lemon from seed: simple instructions

The seeds must be fresh and taken from ripe fruits