"We have advanced by one and a half kilometres": Ukrainian Armed Forces report on progress in the Melitopol sector. Video
Ukrainian defence forces in the Melitopol sector are making progress and have advanced 1.5 kilometres into the depths of the enemy-held territory. Ukrainian soldiers are now consolidating their positions and conducting mine clearance.
This was announced by the spokesman for the Joint Press Centre of the Tavria Defence Forces Valeriy Shershen at a briefing on Monday, 26 June. The video was posted on the press centre's Facebook page (to watch the video, scroll to the bottom of the page).
At the same time, he did not specify over what period this advancement took place.
"As a result of systematic pressure, the defence forces of the Tavria direction are making progress and have advanced 1.5 kilometres deeper into the territories captured by the enemy. This is a successful offensive by the Tavria group in the Melitopol sector," said Shershen.
According to him, the military are consolidating their positions at the achieved lines, conducting mine clearance and aerial reconnaissance of the area.
"We are also applying firepower - artillery is firing on the identified enemy targets and counter-battery measures are being taken. Moving forward, the soldiers of the Tavria direction confidently continue to destroy the enemy and level the front," he said.
On 26 June, it became known that Ukrainian soldiers had liberated the village of Rivnopil, Donetsk region. Since the beginning of the offensive, the Ukrainian Armed Forces have officially announced the de-occupation of eight settlements. Thus, the Ministry of Defence announced the liberation of Novodarivka, Levadne, Storozhove, Makarivka, Blagodatne, Lobkove, Neskuchne and Pyatykhatky.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine said that over the past week, the Ukrainian Armed Forces conducted defensive and offensive operations in the east and had tactical success. The advance of our military reaches 1-2 km.
At the same time, the head of the ministry, Oleksiy Reznikov, stressed that the Ukrainian Armed Forces' counter-offensive has not yet fully begun - it is currently just preparations. Our country is very careful in its actions not to endanger its own military.