Ukrainian Armed Forces successfully repelled Russian attacks in Avdiivka, Maryinka and Shakhtarsk sectors: about 20 combat engagements took place - General Staff
During the day of 8 August, Ukrainian defenders had to engage in more than 20 direct clashes with the enemy. The Russian army tried to break through at the Avdiivka, Maryinka and Shakhtarsk directions, but instead suffered significant losses.
This was reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, publishing a daily summary of frontline events. Ukrainian aviation carried out nine strikes on areas where enemy personnel, weapons and military equipment were concentrated.
"Missile and artillery units hit two control points, five artillery pieces at firing positions, an ammunition depot and two occupiers' electronic warfare stations over the last day," our defenders reported.
However, the Russian invaders do not stop taking revenge, creating a dangerous situation under the threat of missile attacks. Such risks, as well as the possibility of Russian air strikes, remain throughout our country.
Also, according to the Ukrainian Armed Forces command, the situation on the key frontline areas was as follows over the last day:
- In the Kupyansk sector, our troops are holding steadfastly the defence. The enemy carried out air strikes in the areas of Sinkivka and Kotlyarivka in Kharkiv region and Novoselivske in Luhansk region. More than 10 localities came under enemy artillery and mortar fire, including Figolovka, Novomlynsk, Dvorichna, Kucherivka and Kupyansk in Kharkiv region;
- in the Lyman direction, the enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Terny, Serebryanka, Spirne and Veseloye in the Donetsk region. The enemy's artillery shelling targeted the towns of Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Verkhnekamyane, Spirne, and Rozdolivka in the Donetsk region;
- in the Bakhmut sector, our soldiers are holding steadfastly the defence and successfully repelled enemy attacks in the vicinity of Klishchiyivka, Donetsk region. The enemy launched air strikes in the areas of Kramatorsk, Markove, Klishchiyivka, Severne and New York in Donetsk region. More than 10 localities suffered from enemy artillery shelling, including Vasyukivka, Orikhove-Vasylivka, Markove, Bohdanivka, Ivanivske in the Donetsk region;
- in the Avdiivka sector, under heavy fire from enemy aircraft and artillery, our defenders successfully repelled attacks by Russian troops in the areas of Avdiivka and Severne in Donetsk Oblast. The enemy launched air strikes in the areas of Pivnichne and Pervomaiske in Donetsk region. Avdiivka, Tonenke, Solovyov, Pervomayske and Karlivka in Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- in the Maryinka sector, defence forces continue to hold back the Russian offensive in the vicinity of Maryinka. The enemy conducted an air strike near Krasnohorivka. Krasnohorivka, Gostre, Maryinka and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- in the Shakhtarsk sector, the enemy made unsuccessful attempts to regain the lost ground in the Staromayorsk district, launching air strikes in the areas of Vremivka, Blahodatne and Staromayorsk in the Donetsk region. Vodiane, Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Zolota Niva, Blahodatne, Staromayorske in Donetsk region and Levadne in Zaporizhzhia came under artillery fire;
- in the Zaporizhzhia sector, the enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of Novodanilivka and Robotyne in the Zaporizhzhia region. More than 15 localities came under artillery fire, including Malynivka, Huliaipole, Zaliznychne, Huliaipole, Mali Shcherbaki in Zaporizhzhia region and Nikopol in Dnipropetrovs'k region;
- in the Kherson sector, more than 10 settlements came under enemy artillery fire, including Mykilske, Velykne in Kherson region and the city of Kherson, as well as Kutsurub and Ochakiv in Mykolaiv region.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, President Zelenskyy congratulated the signalmen on the Day of the Communications and Cybersecurity Troops of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and presented them with state awards. The head of state stressed that every success on the battlefield always includes the work of this army unit.