Ukrainian Armed Forces repel Russian attacks in Donbas and continue offensive in Melitopol and Berdiansk sectors: about 30 combat engagements took place - General Staff
Over the course of 31 July, the Russian army attempted to storm the positions of the Ukrainian Defence Forces about 30 times. However, our soldiers continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol and Berdiansk directions, consolidate their positions, deliver artillery fire on the identified enemy targets, and carry out counter-battery measures.
This was reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which traditionally published a daily report from the front. The likelihood of enemy missile and air strikes across Ukraine remains high.
"Our adversaries launched nine missile and 39 air strikes, fired 35 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of our troops and populated areas. Unfortunately, there are dead and wounded among the civilian population, including children. Residential buildings and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed," the statement said.
At the same time, the Ukrainian Armed Forces aviation carried out seven strikes on the areas of concentration of enemy personnel, weapons and military equipment and 3 on enemy anti-aircraft missile systems.
During the day, missile and artillery units struck two enemy anti-aircraft missile systems, a TOS-1A "Solntsepek" heavy flamethrower multiple rocket launcher system, an artillery vehicle at a firing position and four areas where enemy personnel were concentrated.
In retaliation, the war criminals are trying to fire at everything that comes into their optical sights. In particular,
- in the Kupyansk sector, our troops steadfastly held the defence and successfully repelled enemy attacks east of Berestove in Kharkiv region and near Novoselivske in Luhansk region. The enemy launched an air strike near Druzhelyubivka in Donetsk region. It fired artillery and mortar shells at more than 10 localities, including Odradne, Kolodyazne, Kamyanka, Figolovka, Novomlynsk and Zakhidne in the Kharkiv region;
- in the Lyman sector, the enemy conducted air strikes north of Serebryanka and near Spirne in Donetsk region. Nevske and Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Torske, Verkhnekamyane and Spirne in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- in the Bakhmut sector, more than 10 localities suffered from hostile artillery attacks, including Orikhove-Vasylivka, Hryhorivka, Ivanivske, Predtechine and Bila Hora in the Donetsk region;
- in the Avdiivka sector, the enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of New York and Avdiivka. The enemy continues to shell populated areas, in particular, Berdychi, Avdiivka, Pervomaiske and Karlivka in Donetsk region;
- in the Maryinka sector, the enemy conducted an air strike in the area of Krasnohorivka. Ukrainian defence forces continue to hold back the advance of Russian troops in the areas of Maryinka and Peremoha. The enemy shelled a number of localities, including Maryinka, Peremoha, Heorhiivka and Ostro in the Donetsk region;
- in the Shakhtarsk sector, the enemy carried out air strikes in the areas of Vuhledar, Blahodatne and Staromayorske. In the area of the latter, it made unsuccessful attempts to regain the lost ground. It continues shelling the settlements of Vodiane, Vuhledar and Blahodatne in Donetsk region;
- on the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, the enemy is focusing its main efforts on preventing further advance of our troops. The occupants carried out air strikes near the settlements of Malynivka and Mala Tokmachka in Zaporizhzhia region. More than 35 settlements came under artillery fire, including: Levadne, Gulyaypole, Zaliznychne, Orikhiv, Stepove and Kamianske in Zaporizhzhia region; Dmytrivka and Ochakiv in Mykolaiv region; Mykhailivka, Dudchany, Beryslav, Lviv, Kherson and Dniprovske in Kherson region.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, the Ministry of Defence has fully covered the needs of the Defence Forces for combat drones. The vast majority of the drones were designed and assembled by Ukrainian manufacturers.