Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to contain the enemy in the east and advance in the south: 11 military clashes - General Staff
During the day, on 14 August, 11 combat engagements between the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the occupiers' soldiers took place at the frontline positions. Our defenders continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol and Berdiansk directions, consolidate their positions, and carry out counter-battery measures.
This was reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, publishing a daily summary on Facebook. The enemy launched 12 missile and 67 air strikes, fired more than 40 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of our troops and settlements.
"Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in civilian casualties and injuries. Residential buildings, a shopping centre, a student dormitory, kindergartens, schools and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged," the military said.
Our troops added that the threat of missile and air attack remains throughout Ukraine and called on residents of cities and villages not to neglect air raid warnings. Only today the enemy was active:
- In the Kupyansk sector, the enemy launched air strikes in the areas of Ivanivka, Zahryzove in Kharkiv region and Stelmakhivka in Luhansk region. More than 15 localities came under enemy artillery and mortar fire, including Novomlynsk, Vilshana, Synkivka, Kupyansk, Podoly, and Buhaivka in the Kharkiv region;
- In the Lyman sector, the enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of Bilohorivka, Luhansk region, and Sporne, Donetsk region. More than 25 localities came under enemy artillery fire, including Nevske, Dibrova, Bilohorivka in Luhansk region and Siversk, Verkhnekamianske, Sporne in Donetsk region;
- In the Bakhmut sector, the enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of Vasyukivka and Klishchiyivka in the Donetsk region. More than 25 localities suffered from enemy artillery shelling, including Vasyukivka, Orikhove-Vasylivka, Novomarkove, Hryhorivka, Bohdanivka, Klishchiyivka in the Donetsk region;
- In the Avdiivka sector, the enemy conducted an air strike in the area of Avdiivka. The localities of Oleksandropil, Keramik, Novokalynove, Stepove, Avdiivka in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- In the Maryinka sector, the defence forces continue to hold back the advance of Russian troops near the towns of Maryinka and Krasnohorivka in the Donetsk region. The enemy launched an air strike in the areas of Krasnohorivka and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region. More than 10 localities came under artillery fire, including Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Heorhiivka, Ostro, Novomykhailivka, Katerynivka in the Donetsk region;
- In the Shakhtarsk sector, the enemy carried out air strikes in the areas of Velyka Novosilka, Blahodatne, Makarivka and Urozhayne in the Donetsk region. More than 10 localities came under artillery fire, including Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Zolota Niva, Blahodatne, Urozhayne, Staromayorske in the Donetsk region;
- In the Zaporizhzhia sector, the enemy launched an air strike near Novodanylivka, Zaporizhzhia region. More than 20 settlements suffered from enemy artillery shelling, including Charivne, Novoandriivka, Shcherbaky, Pavlivka, Pyatikhatky, Kamianske in Zaporizhzhia region;
- In the Kherson sector, the enemy launched an air strike near Olgivka, Kherson region. More than 20 localities came under enemy artillery fire, including Zolota Balka, Mykhailivka, Havrylivka, Respublika, Novokaira, Komyshany in Kherson region and Kherson.
Meanwhile, the Ukrainian Armed Forces inflict significant losses on the occupiers, not only in manpower but also in military equipment. During the day, Ukrainian aviation struck a command post, seven strikes on areas where personnel, weapons and military equipment were concentrated, and three strikes on anti-aircraft missile systems; one Russian military helicopter was also destroyed.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL reported that according to the GUR, there is a trend in the mood of the population in the temporarily occupied Crimea, which indicates that people want to get out of the Russian occupation. In particular, many people are not just waiting for this, but are bringing the liberation closer with concrete actions.