Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to advance in Zaporizhzhia sector: 21 combat engagements took place - General Staff
The Ukrainian Armed Forces continue their offensive in the positions temporarily occupied by the Russian occupiers. Ukrainian soldiers are actively advancing in the Zaporizhzhia sector. There were 21 combat engagements in the last day.
This is stated in the operational report of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. It is noted that on the five hundred and twentieth day of the Russian Federation's large-scale armed aggression against Ukraine, the enemy carried out 10 air strikes and fired 19 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of our troops and settlements.
At the same time, the likelihood of missile and air strikes throughout Ukraine remains high.
"There were 21 combat engagements over the last day," the General Staff said.
- The operational situation in the Volyn and Polissya sectors remained unchanged. There are no signs of offensive groups forming.
- On the Siversky and Slobozhansky directions, the enemy launched air strikes near Halahanivka and Leonivka in Chernihiv region and Iskryskivka and Vovfyno in Sumy region. It fired mortar and artillery shells at more than 15 settlements. In particular, these are Ivashky, Guryev Kozachok, Udy, Strelka, Zelene and Okhrymivka in Kharkiv region.
- In the Kupyansk sector, the Russian army conducted an air strike near Druzhelyubivka in Kharkiv region. Kolodyazne, Dvorichna, Zakhidne, Synkivka and Kyslivka in the Kharkiv region came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Lyman sector, the enemy launched an air strike near Hryhorivka, Donetsk region. Nevske and Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Torske, Verkhnekamyane and Spirne in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire.
- In the Bakhmut sector, more than 15 localities suffered from hostile artillery shelling, including Minkivka, Bohdanivka, Chasiv Yar, Ivanivske, Predtechine and Bila Hora in Donetsk region.
- In the Avdiivka sector, the enemy conducted an air strike near Avdiivka. More than 10 localities came under artillery fire, including Avdiivka, Pervomayske and Karlivka in Donetsk region.
- In the Maryinka sector, Ukrainian defence forces continue to hold back the Russian offensive in the vicinity of the town of Maryinka. The enemy fired at more than 10 localities, including Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, Peremoha and Heorhiivka in the Donetsk region.
- In the Shakhtarsk sector, the occupants fired at Odradne, Blahodatne, Makarivka, Zelene Pole and Novodarivka in the Donetsk region.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, the enemy is focusing its main efforts on preventing further advance of our troops. More than 25 localities came under artillery fire, including Krasne, Huliaipole, Charivne, Novoandriivka and Stepove in Zaporizhzhia region; Zolota Balka, Mykhailivka, Kozatske, Tyahynka, Ivanivka and Sadove in Kherson region.
"At the same time, the Ukrainian Defence Forces continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol and Berdiansk sectors, consolidating their positions, inflicting artillery fire on the enemy's targets, and carrying out counter-battery measures. Against the backdrop of successful combat operations of the Ukrainian Defence Forces and due to significant losses of manpower, the number of refusals to participate in combat operations has increased in the units of the Russian occupation forces. Thus, near the village of Rozivka, Zaporizhzhia region, about 60 Russian servicemen from the 247th Air Assault Regiment of the 7th Air Assault Division of the Russian Armed Forces refused to perform their duties near the village of Staromayorske, Donetsk region," the General Staff noted.
At the same time, the occupants partially disabled their own vehicles and armoured vehicles.
"The aviation of the defence forces carried out 3 strikes on the areas of concentration of enemy personnel over the day, and the units of missile forces and artillery hit 8 artillery pieces at firing positions, 2 electronic warfare stations, an ammunition depot, and an enemy fuel and lubricants depot. Support the Armed Forces! Let's win together! Glory to Ukraine!" - the General Staff summed up.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, the Ukrainian Defence Forces destroyed 72 pieces of enemy equipment and weapons at the frontline on 27 July. Another 560 occupants from the aggressor country of Russia were also eliminated.