The AFU is conducting a counteroffensive in Melitopol and Berdyansk directions, 22 military clashes occurred over the day - General Staff
As of August 20, the Defense Forces had 22 combat clashes with the army of the Russian occupants. Our troops continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol and Berdyansk areas, consolidate on the achieved borders, and carry out counter-battery measures.
This was reported in the General Staff of the AFU, publishing a daily summary on Facebook. Our aviation during the day struck nine strikes on the areas of concentration of enemy personnel.
"Units of rocket troops and artillery within a day hit the control point and three artillery means on enemy firing positions," - stated in the message.
Defenders told about the fire aggression of the invaders and on populated areas of Ukraine. As a result of terrorist attacks, unfortunately, killed and wounded among the civilian population, and residential houses and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed.
The following situation during the day was observed at the following positions:
- in the Kupyansk sector, the enemy launched an air strike west of Mykolaivka. He conducted unsuccessful offensives in the vicinity of Sinkivka, Kharkiv region. The settlements of Topoly, Masiutivka, Kyslivka, Berestove in the Kharkiv region came under artillery and mortar fire;
- in the Liman sector, the enemy launched air strikes in the areas of Sheikivka, Terny, Piskunivka, and Vesele in the Donetsk region. About 15 localities came under enemy artillery fire, including Nevske and Bilohorivka in Luhansk region and Torske, Verkhnekamyane, Spirne in Donetsk region.
- in the Bakhmut sector, the enemy conducted unsuccessful offensives near Kurdyumivka, Donetsk region. He carried out air strikes in the areas of Vesele, Klishchiyivka, Kurdyumivka in the Donetsk region. More than 20 localities suffered from enemy artillery shelling, including Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka, Ivanivske, Klishchiyivka, Stupochki, and Oleksandr-Shultine in the Donetsk region.
- in the Avdiivka sector, the localities of Keramik, Stepove, Orlivka, Avdiivka, Pivnichne, Pervomaiske in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- In the Mariinsky sector, Ukrainian defense forces continue to hold back the offensive of Russian troops in the vicinity of Maryinka, Donetsk region. The enemy launched an air strike near Krasnohorivka, Donetsk region. The localities of Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Peremoha, Kurakhove, Katerynivka, Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- in the Shakhtarsk sector, the enemy conducted an air strike near Staromayorsk, Donetsk region. Vodiane, Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Zolota Niva, Blahodatne, and Urozhayne in Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- in the Zaporizhzhia sector, the enemy launched an air strike near Robotyno, Zaporizhzhia region. The enemy's artillery shelling affected more than 30 localities, including Novodarivka, Chervona Krynytsia, Mala Tokmachka, Orikhiv, and Robotyne in Zaporizhzhia region;
- in the Kherson sector, the enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of Olgovka and Sadove in the Kherson region. More than 20 localities suffered from enemy artillery shelling, including Novodmytrivka, Beryslav, Tyahynyka, Tokarivka, Poniativka, Antonivka in the Kherson region.
As reported by OBOZREVATEL, Defense Minister Reznikov stressed that although in the information space of Western countries and not only, there are often reproaches about alleged "war fatigue" or "dissatisfaction with the counteroffensive of the AFU," neither of these is actually present. According to the official, Western support for Ukraine is not waning.