Polski
русский
Українська

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

Russians fired missiles at Chernihiv. Source: Telegram of Vladimir Zelensky

Around 9:00 a.m. on April 17, Russian terrorists hit Chernihiv with three rockets. The attack left at least 13 dead and more than 61 wounded, including two children.

This was reported in Telegram by the head of the Chernihiv Regional Military Administration Vyacheslav Chaus. Acting Mayor Oleksandr Lomako noted that the attack hit a social infrastructure facility.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

The Chernihiv Regional Blood Center has announced an urgent need for blood, especially O-negative blood, due to the situation in the city.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

Later, Chaus recorded a video message in which he said that the three missiles hit almost in the center of the city, where there were many people.

"There are dead civilians. There are many wounded. Rescuers and medics are working now, and a headquarters has been set up to provide all the necessary assistance," the head of the Regional Military Administration said.

The head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, Andriy Yermak, also responded to the attack. He emphasized that Russian terror must be stopped.

"Air and missile defense is what Ukraine needs right now," Yermak wrote.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

Lomako said on the air of the national TV marathon that four people were killed in the rocket attack on Chernihiv. He also noted that there was a lot of destruction at the site of the hits.

"We have cut off all communications in the area: electricity and gas. To prevent even more destruction," added the acting mayor.

He emphasized that the attackers targeted social infrastructure facilities that are not related to critical infrastructure. There was a direct hit, and the damage to several floors of the extension to the social infrastructure building is visible.

Five wounded were taken to the Chernihiv city hospital as a result of the missile strike, Lomako said.

The police said that to find relatives, please call 093-241-09-87.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

As of 11:07 a.m., Lomako reported 9 dead and more than 20 injured as a result of Russian missile strikes on Chernihiv. The search operation is still ongoing.

President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky reacted to the shelling of Chernihiv. He said that people were still trapped under the rubble and that a search operation was underway.

"As of now, we know about 20 injured and 10 dead. My condolences to the families and friends," the head of state said, adding that the death toll could rise.

"And this would not have happened if Ukraine had received enough air defense systems and if the world's determination to counter Russian terror had been sufficient," Zelensky emphasized.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

Later, Ukraine's Interior Minister Ihor Klymenko said that the death toll had risen to 11 and the number of injured to 22.

"There are still people under the rubble. A search and rescue operation is underway. Psychologists are working with the victims. The video shows the moment when one of the victims was rescued," the minister informed.

According to him, 25-year-old police lieutenant Alina Mykolayets is among those killed in the Russian shelling.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

"The woman lived in a neighboring house and was at home on a sick leave. She received a fatal shrapnel wound," the official said.

The National Police noted that the attack damaged a social infrastructure facility, a hospital, and several residential high-rise buildings in one of the city's neighborhoods. Police and rescuers are providing all the necessary assistance to the victims, and psychologists are also working with the victims.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

"An eight-story building was destroyed, four high-rise buildings, a hospital, a higher education institution, and dozens of cars were damaged. More than 50 victims, including three children, and 11 dead are now known. There may be people under the rubble," Oleksiy Kuleba, deputy head of the Presidential Office, said on Telegram .

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

The State Emergency Service reported that 13 people were preliminarily killed and 61 others were injured, including 2 children, as a result of the Russian missile attack. Three people were rescued from the rubble.

"There are probably still people under the rubble of the partially destroyed building," the rescuers said.

Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos
Occupants struck three times in Chernihiv: the death toll has risen to 13, dozens wounded. Photos and videos

According to Dmytro Bryzhynsky, head of Chernihiv CMA, 16 buildings were damaged by the missile strike on Chernihiv. Gas and water supply are normal.

Food distribution points have been set up in the city, and places for resettlement of the affected people have been set up.

"We are deploying distribution points for construction materials needed for priority recovery work," Bryzhynsky said in a comment to Suspilne Chernihiv.

Meanwhile, the police of Chernihiv region added that the points of reception of victims' statements are operating in the building of the Chernihiv district police department and in the deployed police tent, which is located in the park behind the building of the Chernihiv Polytechnic University.

As reported by OBOZ.UA:

- On the night of April 17, the occupiers attacked Sumy region. The enemy opened fire on Bilopillia with multiple rocket launchers: apartment and private residential buildings, a gas pipeline and a power line were damaged.

- The occupants also fired on Nikopol in the Dnipropetrovsk region. In the evening of April 16, the enemy sent attack drones at the city.

Only verified information is available on our Telegram channel OBOZ.UA and Viber. Do not fall for fakes!

Other News

Coin sold for a record price in the Netherlands

EUR 1 million paid for a rare coin: what it looks like

A 130-year-old quarter guilder was sold at an auction in the Netherlands
Damage on Mashinobudivnykiv Street in Shebekino

Russian aviation dropped the bombs on Shebekino instead of Vovchansk. Photo

The number of "lost" bombs in three months has reached 50