Head of the city military administration: FSB officers left Tokmak, occupants may be preparing a provocation
FSB officers of the aggressor country have begun to leave Tokmak, temporarily occupied by Russian troops in Zaporizhzhia region. In addition, people were banned from going to work for the next few days.
This was announced on October 4 by the head of the city military administration, Oleksandr Chub, Radio Liberty reports. He suggested that the occupiers could be preparing a provocation in the city.
According to the head of the CMA, employees of educational institutions, administrative institutions, and utilities were told not to go to work.
At the same time, the Russians did not explain the reasons for this decision to the residents of the occupied city. According to Chub, the Russian FSB officers themselves are allegedly going to return to Tokmak at the end of the week or on Monday, October 9.
"There may be a provocation. I know for sure that some FSB officers have left Tokmak, but they say that they will allegedly return by the end of the week," the official said.
Ivan Fedorov, the legitimate mayor of occupied Melitopol in Zaporizhzhia, said earlier that Russians in Tokmak are panicking. The occupiers are pouring concrete into the trenches and building new defense lines. A few weeks ago, the occupiers began to take out government agencies and educational institutions from Tokmak.
"Last night it was announced that 'administrative institutions', shops, and the market would not work today. Whatever they were preparing for, the enemy is definitely feeling bad," he wrote.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, the Russian army is building new fortifications near the temporarily occupied city of Tokmak in Zaporizhzhia region under the pressure of the Ukrainian Defense Forces' counteroffensive. The Russian invaders consider this city strategically important to them.