"How could I have done that..." Footballer Selezniov makes a confession about moving to Russia
Former Ukraine striker Yevhen Selezniov has called his move to Russian side Kuban in the winter of 2016 a mistake. The 2015 Europa League finalist and Euro 2016 participant, who spent only a few months in the aggressor country, added that he had no right to explain his transfer to the aggressor country by the need to feed his family.
Selezniov said this in an interview with SportArena. The former Shakhtar Donetsk and Dnipro striker also complained that Dnipro's management did not inform him that the club had a specific offer from Sporting Lisbon, whose president sent a private jet for the player.
"Playing for Kuban - I regret it very much. This is the only thing that torments me. How could I have done that... I also found out that 2-3 days before the transfer window closed, the president of Sporting sent a plane for me. But I was not told about it. I was not told that there was a specific offer. I was shown the correspondence. I admitted my mistake. At that time, I shouldn't have said that I was the breadwinner. Although I am still the breadwinner. But two months after the transfer, I returned to Ukraine," Selezniov said.
Earlier, Yevhen, who will play his farewell match on June 6, impressed all the fans with a sweatshirt with a message to Russian dictator Vladimir Putin.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, Yevhen Selezniov said that he was threatened with execution if he came to his native Makiivka because of his anti-war stance.