Ukrainian invented a service that prevents fines on the road: how it works
Ukrainian Pavlo Voroniuk has created an app that allows you to pay for toll roads in Europe and avoid fines. The platform is called Vignette ID and is already gaining popularity in the European Union.
This was reported by the Economic News publication. Voroniuk has been living in Slovenia for more than ten years and has experience in international transportation. That's why he decided to create a service for paying for travel in a few clicks.
The first version of Vignette ID was created on January 26, 2022, and was uploaded to the App Store on August 15, and to Google Play on August 25. Eight countries have already been integrated into the application: Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, and Switzerland.
"Now drivers from all over Europe use our apps and web version every day. On average, they buy road tolls for 2-3 countries, which confirms my theory about making travel planning easier for drivers," Voroniuk said.
As stated in the article, the Vignette ID service was created to simplify the process of paying for road use in EU countries. With its help, you can:
- buy "passes" - vignettes - for several cars and countries at the same time;
- quickly pay for road tolls and tunnel travel;
- choose the validity period of vignettes - from several days to several months;
- Receive push notifications after activation and the day before the vignette expires (so as not to miss the deadline and avoid a fine);
- receive round-the-clock assistance from the service support team in several languages;
- make payments via Google Pay, Apple Pay, or with all major credit cards (MasterCard, Maestro, VISA, VISA Electron, and American Express), regardless of the bank.
To buy toll road passes, users of the service need to select a country, vehicle type, and the corresponding road, specify the car registration number, choose the validity period of the vignette, enter their email and other necessary data, and pay the amount specified for payment.