Ukrainian Armed Forces repelled about 30 occupants' attacks in four directions and continued "demilitarisation" of the enemy - General Staff
On the 412th day of the Russian war in Ukraine, the Armed Forces of our country repelled about 30 occupants' attacks in four directions. The soldiers continue to "demilitarise" the enemy.
This is stated in the report of the General Staff as of the evening of April 18. It is noted that the aggressor country Russia continues to ignore international humanitarian law, strikes and shells not only the positions of our troops, but also the civilian infrastructure of settlements, thus terrorising civilians (to view the map, scroll to the bottom of the page).
"Over the last day, the enemy launched 4 missile and 44 air strikes, fired about 20 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of our troops and populated areas, causing civilian casualties. The likelihood of missile and air strikes throughout Ukraine remains high. The enemy continues to wage a war of aggression at the cost of heavy losses," the statement said.
The main efforts of the Russian troops are focused on conducting offensive operations on the Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Maryinka directions. The fiercest fighting is taking place for Bakhmut and Maryinka.
- The situation in the Volyn, Polissia, Siversk and Slobozhansky sectors remained unchanged. Some units of the armed forces of the Republic of Belarus continue to perform tasks in the areas bordering Ukraine. Some units of the Russian territorial troops are also deployed there. At the same time, the enemy's military presence remains in the areas bordering Ukraine in the Bryansk, Kursk and Belgorod regions. Thus, during the day, the enemy fired on the settlements of Korinok, Boyar-Lezhachi, Iskryskivshchyna and Vovfyne in Sumy region, as well as Veterynarne, Kozacha Lopan, Hlyboke, Vovchansk, Bochkove, Okhrymivka, Nesterne in the Kharkiv region.
- In the Kupyansk sector, Kamianka, Ridkodub, Krasne Pershe, Novomlynsk, Dvorichna and Zakhidne in the Kharkiv region came under enemy artillery fire.
- In the Lyman sector, the enemy, trying to improve the tactical situation, conducted unsuccessful offensives near Dibrova, and artillery attacks on Stelmakhivka, Nevske, Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Ivanivka, Torske and Spirne in the Donetsk region.
- In the Bakhmut sector, the enemy continues to conduct offensive actions. Heavy fighting for the fortress city continues. Vasyukivka, Mynkivka, Orikhove-Vasylivka, Grigorivka, Bakhmut, Ivanivske, Chasiv Yar, Kostyantynivka, Toretsk and New York in the Donetsk region suffered from enemy shelling over the past day.
- In the Avdiivka sector, the enemy conducted offensive actions in the areas of Stepove, Berdychiv, Avdiivka, Pivnichne and Nevelske in the Donetsk region, but were unsuccessful. In particular, it fired at the settlements of Novokalynove, Avdiivka, Tonenke and Pervomayske.
- In the Maryinka sector, our defenders repelled numerous enemy attacks in the area of Maryinka over the last day. At the same time, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Pobeda and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region came under enemy fire.
- In the Shakhtarsk sector, the enemy did not conduct any offensive actions over the last day. However, it fired at such localities as Shakhtarske, Vuhledar, Novoukrainka and Velyka Novosilka in the Donetsk region.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson sectors, the enemy continues to conduct defensive actions. The Russian army fired at Novopillia in the Donetsk region; Olgivske, Krasne, Gulyaypole, Charivne, Orikhiv, Stepove and Plavni in the Zaporizhzhia region; Antonivka in the Kherson region and Kherson itself. There were civilian casualties.
At the same time, the aviation of the Defence Forces carried out 3 strikes on the areas of concentration of personnel and a strike on the enemy's anti-aircraft missile system. Missile and artillery units struck 2 areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment, an electronic warfare station and another important military facility of the occupiers.
"Support the Armed Forces! We will win! Glory to Ukraine!" - the General Staff called.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, the ranks of the Russian army have thinned by more than 183,000 soldiers and officers. In addition, on the 419th day of the war, the occupiers lost more than 3,600 tanks and more than 600 planes and helicopters on our soil.
Only verified information is available in our Obozrevatel Telegram channel and Viber. Do not fall for fakes!