Ukraine is creating a mobilisation reserve without the "legacy of the USSR" and with new approaches: MPs pass a bill
Ukraine is creating mobilisation and material state reserves to provide the country with essentials. These reserves will be clearly delineated, and the system for managing them will change dramatically from the one Ukraine inherited from the USSR.
The corresponding draft law No. 9079 was adopted in the first reading on April 10. The bill was voted in favour by 268 members of the Verkhovna Rada, according to MP Yaroslav Zheleznyak (Holos).
The changes were initiated by the Cabinet of Ministers. The government registered the draft law on reserves on March 3. The document proposes, among other things:
- to distinguish between the state material reserve and the mobilisation reserve, and to clearly define their balance holders;
- provide for the possibility of storing Ukrainian fuel in European countries;
- improve the procedure for refreshing material assets, as well as introduce fines for violations during reserve maintenance;
- create an automated database for storage, protection, accounting, search, generalisation of information and reporting.
Back in mid-February, the Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal announced that reserves would be formed in four areas. These are food, medical, energy and technical.
"The State Reserve, which has existed in Ukraine since 1991, has long remained a descendant of the Soviet system. Now we propose to radically change the approach to its work. We propose to create a state material reserve and a separate mobilisation reserve," the Prime Minister said.
He explained that the mobilisation reserve means stocks that will allow for the rapid deployment of additional military production. These include:
- repair of military equipment;
- restoration of critical transport infrastructure;
- restoration of the energy system, etc.
"The main goal is to make sure that our country is provided with all the essentials at any time," the Prime Minister summed up.
As OBOZREVATEL previously reported, Ukraine will also create a state stock of oil and oil products for at least two months. Special requirements will be put forward for fuel storage - the system must be diversified to secure the stock.
Only verified information is available in our Obozrevatel Telegram channel and Viber. Do not fall for fakes!