Russian film director Molochnikov, who planned to make a film about children from Bakhmut, will not come: SBU reacts to scandal
Russian film director and screenwriter Alexander Molochnikov, who wanted to make a film about children from Bakhmut, will not be able to cross the state border of Ukraine. This was reported by the Security Service of Ukraine at the request of Ukrainian actor Oleg Zagorodny.
The author of the request shared the document that was sent to him and also appealed to his colleagues who facilitated Molochnikov's arrival in Ukraine. The video and photos were posted on his Instagram page (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the photos).
The response from the SBU states that in accordance with Part 1 of Article 13 of the Law of Ukraine 'On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons', a decision was made on March 31 this year to ban Molochnikov from entering Ukraine in the interests of national security.
The Security Service of Ukraine also said that they did not know who in Ukraine helped the Russian and his team to enter the country.
Oleg Zagorodniy appealed to the people who sought to cooperate with the Russian director and warned them of their responsibility.
"It was clear that Sasha Molochnikov had no place here, he knows nothing about our children... I still have the most important question to the people behind all this. Do you seriously think that it is appropriate to bring Molochnikov or anyone else and give them the opportunity to film and support such filming? Dear people, draw conclusions and don't make such mistakes again, because you will be held accountable," the Ukrainian actor stressed.
We would like to remind you that Molochnikov's arrival was first reported by Ukrainian filmmaker Iryna Tsilyk in March this year. She said that the shooting of the short film about Ukrainian children was to take place near Kyiv in a destroyed house.
Tsilyk added that, according to Molochnikov, he allegedly had the support of the Office of the President of Ukraine and had received prescreens for himself and the cameraman. The filming was scheduled for March 16-18.
As OBOZREVATEL wrote, the press service of the Office of the President of Ukraine immediately commented on the scandal. The office assured that no permission had been issued to the Russian. Read more about it at the link.
Only verified information is available in our Obozrevatel Telegram channel and Viber. Do not fall for fakes!