How to remove weeds: a recipe for a folk remedy
June is a busy time for gardeners and vegetable growers, as the beds begin to grow weeds. They harm the health and vigour of plants by taking up space and nutrients from the soil.
More and more gardeners are refusing to use aggressive chemicals, which are not only toxic to the environment but also sometimes harmful to plants. It is best to opt for natural methods of prevention and control, which Sante Plus has described.
How baking soda can help get rid of weeds
Baking soda is a powerful natural weed killer. It is a phytotoxic product that harms plant growth. Soda dries out unwanted plants by absorbing water from their cells.
- Water the weeds so that the soda adheres to the leaves and soil.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of baking soda on the weeds.
- If you do not see results after a few days of waiting, repeat the procedure. If there are weeds on garden paths, simply sprinkle baking soda between the slabs.
White vinegar for weeds
White vinegar contains acetic acid, which can "burn" the leaves of weeds; they weaken and eventually die. Note that vinegar is more effective against young broadleaf weeds. For tall or deep-rooted plants, several applications may be necessary. This is an effective weed control solution if you want to use an environmentally friendly method and not damage the soil quality.
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Add 2 tablespoons of detergent so that the spray sticks to the leaves and breaks down their protective layer.
- Spray the solution onto the weeds.
Vinegar breaks down quickly in the soil, but it is recommended to wait a week before planting anything in the treated areas.
How to prepare a mixture of vinegar and baking soda.
Mixing white vinegar and baking soda is a doubly effective solution for weed repellent.
- Take baking soda and vinegar in a 1:2 ratio.
- Pour the baking soda into a spray bottle and add the vinegar. Wait for the chemical reaction to occur and add 1 tablespoon of detergent. Close the spray bottle and shake it well before you start spraying.
Another way is to sprinkle baking soda on the weeds and then spray them with white vinegar. The chemical reaction will take place directly on the plants.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL told how to get rid of such a weed as Elytrigia for a long time.