How to clean a dirty carpet right on the floor: the most effective ways
The main disadvantage of carpets is that they get dirty quickly. Dust, dirt, food debris, and pet hair accumulate between the fibers, and the carpet can become a real breeding ground for bacteria.
Many completely natural methods can be used to clean fibers without using expensive and aggressive chemicals. Experts tell us how to clean a dirty carpet without removing it from the floor.
First life hack
- Mix white vinegar and water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Pour the solution into a clean spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the stained areas of the carpet. Let the solution sit for 15 minutes.
- Fill a bucket with warm water. Add a few drops of mild dishwashing detergent to the water. Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Dampen a brush or sponge with the solution and scrub the stained area.
Second life hack
- Mix vinegar, salt and water until a paste is formed.
- Using a damp cloth, rub the paste thoroughly into the carpet.
- Leave the paste on the carpet for several hours to allow the ingredients to work.
- Finally, remove any abrasive residue with a vacuum cleaner.
Third life hack
- Prepare a solution of 2 cups of warm water, 1/4 cup of mild dishwashing detergent, and 2 cups of white vinegar.
- Shake the ingredients until foamy.
- Rub the foam into the carpet with a brush.
Fourth life hack
- To remove grease stains, first of all, sprinkle them with cornstarch to absorb moisture.
- Leave the starch on the grease stain for 30 minutes.
- Remove the residue with a vacuum cleaner. Repeat the process until all the grease stains are gone.
Earlier, OBOZ.UA told you how to get rid of the unpleasant odor from the carpet.