What is Burek and how to make the most delicious pita bread appetizer in 15 minutes: sharing a simple recipe
Burek is a very tasty and satisfying dish originally from Turkey. It can be based on pita bread or phyllo dough and even puff pastry. And for the filling, you can use any cheese, cottage cheese, berries, cabbage, greens.
- phyllo dough - 6 sheets
- cheese "bryndza" - 230 g
- mozzarella cheese - 180 g
- herbs: dill, parsley - 1/2 bunch each
- pepper - to taste
- oil - for frying
Method of preparation:
1. Defrost the phyllo dough according to the instructions.
2. Filling: mash the bryndza with a fork. Add mozzarella grated on a coarse grater, finely chopped herbs and pepper. No need to add salt, because feta cheese is quite salty. Mix everything thoroughly.
3. Cut the dough in half, in the shape of a triangle. Put the filling on the wider edge of the triangle, roll it up in the form of a tube, brush with water and fix it.
4. Fry in enough heated oil over medium heat on both sides. Put on a paper towel if necessary.
You can also find recipes on OBOZ.UA: