How to cook thick currant jam: the most delicious recipe
Jam from porichka, or as they also call red currants, is very bright, delicious and fragrant. Following the proportions, it turns out very thick, at the same time it is prepared without gelatin and various thickeners.
- juice - 1 l
- sugar - 800g
Method of preparation:
1. First you need to wash the currants, then put them together with the twigs into a saucepan, add 50 ml of water and lightly grind with a pusher.
2. Then put the pot on the fire and cook until all the berries are cracked. Then turn down the heat and cook for another 15 minutes.
3. Pour the resulting mass in a sieve and leave overnight.
4. When all the juice drains, you need to add sugar and put on the fire. Cook constantly stirring at first until the sugar is completely dissolved, then - another 10 minutes.
5. Pour the resulting mass into sterile jars and seal with sterile lids. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: