For the first time in history! Ukrainian Premier League broke the record that was held for 30 years
Kharkiv Metalist central defender Kyrylo Degtyar, appearing in the match of the 24th matchday of the Ukrainian Premier League against Dnipro-1 at the age of 15 years and 159 days, became the youngest player in the history of UPL. The previous achievement was set in November 1992 - then the player of "Tavria" Yuriy Fenin took part in the match at the age of 15 years and 221 days.
For the first time in his career Kirill was included in the "Metalist" application for the match of Ukrainian elite championship and came out on the field at the 64th minute. The meeting ended in a devastating defeat for Kharkiv team with a score of 0:5.
This is only the fifth time in the UPL when a 15-year-old player makes his debut in the team. Suspilne, citing journalist Artur Valerko, published the top five youngest players.
The youngest debutants in the history of Ukrainian soccer championship
- Kyrylo Degtyar - 15 years 159 days (May 3, 2023 for Metalist)
- Yuriy Fenin - 15 years 221 days (November 4, 1992 for "Tavria")
- Vladimir Gapon - 15 years 290 days (May 20, 1995 for "Volyn")
- Sergiy Kovrizhkin - 15 years 314 days (May 12, 1995 for Tavriya)
- Alexey Telyatnikov - 15 years 330 days (September 15, 1996, for Torpedo)
Only verified information in our Telegram channel Obozrevatel and in Viber.Do not be fooled by fakes!