What to make with mashed potatoes leftover: a very fast dish
If mashed potatoes are not eaten immediately - they become cold and tasteless. But it can be used for another dish. Potato dough makes very tasty gnocchi.
The idea for making potato gnocchi with sauce is published on the Instagram page of food blogger Tanya Perchik(tanya.perchik). In order for the mass to hold its shape, it is necessary to add not a whole egg to the potatoes, but exactly the yolk.
- potatoes - 670 g (6 pcs.)
- egg yolk - 1 pc
- flour - 80 g (0,5 cup of 250 ml)
- sea salt - to taste
- ground black pepper - to taste
Ingredients for cream-mushroom sauce
- mushrooms - 180 g (7 pcs.)
- 33% cream - 135 ml
- onions - 75 g (1 pc)
- garlic - 2 cloves
- hard cheese - 100 g
- butter - 30 gr
Method of preparation:
1. Add the egg yolk, salt and flour to the mashed potatoes.
2. Knead into a soft and elastic dough.
3. Divide into long pieces.
4. Cut into small pieces.
5. Press each piece with a fork.
6. Put in salted boiling water for 2 minutes.
7. Fry garlic, onion and mushrooms in butter.
8. Grate the cheese.
9. Add cream and spices.
10. Bring to the boil and place on a plate with the cooked items.
11. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: