The charlotte cake that always turns out puffy: made with kefir
Charlotte is a dessert that will be relevant at any time of the year. It bakes very quickly, so it does not require much of your time. To make the dough homogeneous and rise, it needs to be made with kefir. And in order not to clog the mass with dough, semolina is excellent.
The idea of cooking apple charlotte cake on kefir with semolina was shared by famous Ukrainian chef Volodymyr Yaroslavskyi (yaroslavskyi_vova) on Instagram. The cook notes that there will be quite a lot of apples - so it should be. The pastry will be very juicy.
- 200 g spoonfuls of kefir
- 1 large or 2 small eggs
- 140 g semolina
- 120 g flour
- 190 g sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 8 g of baking powder
- 800 g Golden apples
- 35g butter
- A little cinnamon
Method of preparation:
1. The kefir should be stirred and it will become like normal. Then add the sugar, semolina and eggs, stir and leave for 30 minutes to allow the semolina infuse.
2. After half an hour, add flour with baking powder and vegetable oil or butter.
3. Set the kefir and semolina aside, peel the apples, and finely dice them.
4. You can add cinnamon or even citrus zest to the sliced apples for flavor.
5. When the dough is ready, add the apples to it.
6. Mix well and place in a 26 cm mold with parchment (if there is no mold - you can take a skillet). The parchment should be greased with vegetable oil.
7. Bake at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Also, you can read these recipes on OBOZREVATEL :