Sweet cottage cheese pleskanka: how to make Easter casserole
Pleskanka is a traditional dish of Galicia (Eastern Europe). It is a sweet or savory curd casserole that is baked in the oven. The name of the dish comes from the clay pot in which it is cooked. In some Western areas, the curd casserole is necessarily put in an Easter basket, then diced and served at the holiday table.
Food blogger Marichka Gorodetska(marichka_gorodetska) on her Instagram page shared a recipe for a sweet curd pleskanka.
- cottage cheese - 700 g
- starch - 1 tbsp.
- butter - 70 g
- 1 and 2 lemon peels
- sugar - 6 tbsp
- eggs - 4 pcs.
- raisins (optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Grind the cottage cheese in a meat grinder (if it is dry, then do it twice).
2. Mix the eggs and sugar and beat on low speed of the mixer until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the melted butter, zest and starch to the mixture. Mix on low speed of the mixer.
4. Add the cottage cheese, stir and immediately add the raisins.
5. Grease the form with butter, put the curd mass and smear it with the egg yolk on top. Bake at 160-170 degrees for 30 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: