Shortbread envelopes with juicy apple filling: what to replace the pie
Apple envelopes are a quick and easy dessert. You don't have to use eggs for the dough, which makes the quiches sandy and tender. The apple filling does not drip, it is thick and flavorful.
Foodblogger Oksana Dorosh(oksana_dorosh_rezeptu) on Instagram shared a recipe for delicious apple envelopes, which you can easily make with shortbread dough.
- butter - 200 g
- sour cream - 140 g
- salt - 1 1/4 tsp.
- flour - 330g
- apples + lemon jelly for stuffing
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the dough, mix the soft butter together with the sour cream, add salt and flour. Knead the dough, wrap in clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. To prepare the filling, grate the apples and stew until soft, then mix with jelly.
3. Divide the cooled dough into two parts, roll out each part thinly and cut into squares.
4. Place the filling on each square and fasten all sides inward between each other.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: