Puffy yeast Easter cake with sour cream: it turns out very delicate
Easter is just around the corner. And hostesses have begun to bake homemade Easter cakes. The most popular option remains yeast dough. It is especially delicious to make it with sour cream - the texture turns out very tender and soft.
The idea of making a puffy yeast pastry on sour cream is published on the page of the food blogger recepti_dariko in Instagram.
- 250 ml milk
- 200 g butter
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 7 eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 100 g sour cream
- lemon 1 pc
- orange 1 pc
- 1/4 tsp.
- 3 tbsp. vanilla sugar
- flour 1,7-2 kg
- raisins, candied fruits, dried fruits 200-250g
Method of preparation:
1. Prepare the sourdough: fill the yeast with 2 tablespoons of sugar, grind it. Put the butter in the hot milk, let it dissolve. Add the eggs, salt and 100 grams of sugar, and whisk. Pour the yeast, add 5-7 tablespoons of flour, mix, cover with a towel and put in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
2. Grate lemon and orange zest, add the juice squeezed from them, the remaining sugar, vanilla sugar and sour cream, stir and gently warm all together in the microwave (30-60 seconds).
3. Pour in the sour cream mixture, gradually pour in the flour and knead the dough (knead for about 15 minutes).
4. Wash the dried fruit, dry it, pour 7 shots of cognac or orange juice (it is better to do this in advance, when you start preparing the Easter cakes). Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, sprinkle with dried fruit and place them in the dough. Leave the dough for 1.5-2 hours.
5. Spread the dough into the molds (there are 3 molds with a diameter of 11 cm and 7 with a diameter of 7 cm). Leave to rise for 30-40 minutes. Grease with egg yolk. Bake in heated up to 170-180 degrees oven for 35-45 minutes (depending on size of loaves).
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: