Italian soffioni cakes: how to cook this exquisite dessert correctly
Italy is a country not only of fine wine and pizza, but also of delicious desserts. One of these is the soffioni pastry. They are based on cocoa-flavored dough and a delicate cottage cheese filling. The highlight of such pastries is the unusual shape.
The idea of making Italian soffioni cakes is published on the page of food bloggerp Valeria Demenchuk(mrs.demenchuk) in Instagram. Place the cottage cheese filling in the dough squares and wrap each corner. After baking, the middle has a nice brown color and crispy texture.
- flour - 300 g
- sugar - 60 g
- eggs - 4 units
- butter - 50 g
- salt - a pinch
- ricotta, mascarpone, cream cheese or packaged sour milk cottage cheese - 350 g
- sugar - 80 g
- vanillin - trifle
Method of preparation:
1. For the dough, beat 2 eggs with sugar and salt for about 7 minutes. Add the melted butter and mix. Sift half of the flour, mix, add what is left and knead the dough with your hands. If the dough is very sticky to your hands, add a little more flour. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. For the filling, separate the 2 yolks from the whites. Using an immersion blender, beat the ricotta with the sugar, vanilla and yolks. Whisk the whites separately until stiff peaks.
3. Add the whites in batches to the main mixture and mix gently with a spatula up and down.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
5. Roll out the dough and cut it into squares. Roll out each square to your mold.
6. Grease the form with butter, put the dough, put the filling inside and wrap.
7. Bake for 35 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: