Incredibly crispy verguni: how to make them not greasy
Verguni are sweet pastry crunches that children love very much. Such a dessert is prepared in a lot of vegetable oil. Therefore, it is very important to make the right dough, which after frying will be light and crispy.
A simple idea for making crispy and low-fat verguni is published on the page of food blogger Alina with the nickname alin_withkitchen on Instagram. You need to add vodka to the dough, which is what will contribute to the crunchy texture.
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- sugar - 50 g
- vanilla sugar - 10 g
- vodka - 40 g
- soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- kefir - 110 g
- flour - 300 grams
- salt - a pinch
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar for sprinkles
Method of preparation:
1. Beat the eggs with salt, sugar and vanilla sugar. Add the warm kefir, baking soda and stir again.
2. Add the alcohol, mix. Sift the flour in batches, first knead with a whisk, then with your hands knead a wet dough. Cover it with cling film and let it rest.
3. Let's put the vegetable oil to warm. We will work with the dough. Later on the surface with flour, divide the dough into pieces, roll into a layer (not too thin), cut into squares, make holes inside, and twist one end inside the square.
4. Fry in hot water until golden.
5. Sprinkle the finished verguni with powdered sugar.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: