How to make Easter kraffin with raisins: the dough is as soft as fluff
A kraffin Easter cake is an excellent and original version of an Easter pastry. It can be made with cottage cheese and yeast dough, which contains a lot of dried fruit, making the kraffin moderately juicy, moist and very soft.
On her Instagram page, food blogger Valeria Veligura(yummy.lera) shared a recipe for Easter kraffin with raisins.
Ingredients (for 2 pieces with a diameter of 13-15 cm):
For the sourdough:
- milk - 200 ml
- sugar - 1 tbsp.
- dry yeast - 7 gr
- flour - 1 tbsp.
For the dough:
- egg - 1 pc + yolk - 2 pcs.
- sugar - 100 g
- salt - pinch
- butter - 80 g
- liquid vanilla flavoring
- flour - 400-500 g
For the filling:
- butter - 60 g
- raisins - 100 grams
Method of preparation:
1. Add the sugar, flour and quick yeast to the warm milk and mix. Cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
2. To prepare the dough, beat the egg and egg yolks with sugar and salt until a light, fluffy froth. While continuing to whisk, pour in the melted butter and add vanilla flavoring for a pleasant aroma.
3. Add the prepared sourdough and mix. Gradually sift in the flour and knead an elastic dough. At first it will be very sticky in your hands, but after 10-15 minutes kneading it becomes elastic. Put it in a bowl greased with vegetable oil, cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
4. When the allotted time has passed, crumple the dough and divide into two parts, each thinly roll out into a rectangle. Brush with soft butter and sprinkle with raisins. Wrap first in a roll, then cut it in half (not reaching the edge) and wrap each half in a snail.
5. Place the kraffins in the moulds, cover with clingfilm and leave to rise in the heat for 30 minutes.
6. After that, remove the foil and bake in a preheated 180 degrees oven for 10 minutes, then turn down the temperature to 160 degrees and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: