How to cook sauerkraut in a new way: the original recipe
Sauerkraut is not only tasty and healthy, but also a versatile dish for all occasions, which is served at any celebration and just for the daily table. It is prepared for the winter in different ways: with carrots, beets, honey, brine and cranberries.
On her Instagram page, food blogger Diana with the nickname smishna_diana shared a recipe for sauerkraut in a new way, namely with mushrooms.
- carrots (1 carrot per 3 pieces of cabbage)
- bay leaves
- water - 1 l
- salt - 1 tbsp.
- sugar - 1 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Shred the cabbage finely and transfer to a convenient container.
2. Grate and add the carrots. Add the peppers and bay leaves.
3. Pre-cook and add mushrooms to the cabbage. Depending on how much cabbage you cook, it is better to put the ingredients in layers.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the brine, pour the cabbage. There should be enough brine to completely cover the cabbage.
5. Cover the cabbage with a bag and put a press on top. Leave in this form for 3 days, stirring occasionally.
6. After that you need to put the cabbage in jars and close with a capron lid. Store in a cool place.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: