Fried potato patties: the recipe for the best potato dough
Potato patties are a hearty dish that can be prepared in the oven or in a frying pan. At the same time, the dough for such a dish can be different: with water, milk, kefir, yeast and even potato.
On her Instagram page, food blogger Maria Salei(mashka_salei) shared a recipe for fried patties with potatoes, which are based on the simplest potato dough.
- milk - 300 ml
- dry yeast - 10 g
- sugar - 15 g
- Mashed potatoes for dough - 200 g
- flour - +- 700 g
- butter - 100 g
- eggs - 2 units
- smoked paprika
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the dough, add the sugar, yeast and 3 tablespoons of flour to the warm milk. Stir, cover with a towel and leave for 10 minutes.
2. Add the eggs, mashed potatoes, salt and flour to the prepared sourdough. Stir until homogeneous.
3. Add the butter and knead into a soft dough, it will stick to your hands a little - this is normal. Cover the dough with a towel and leave for 1-1.5 hours.
4. To prepare the stuffing you need to boil mashed potatoes and fry chopped onions. Mix everything together, add dill and paprika.
5. Divide the ready dough into equal pieces and form the patties with filling.
6. Fry the patties in plenty of vegetable oil.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: