French pastry brioche: sharing the secret of a lush and tender pastry
A brioche is a French pastry made of muffin dough. It turns out very puffy and tender in taste. It turns out very lush and delicate in flavor. Dense and at the same time not clogged. This is because the dough is cooked with a lot of butter.
The idea for the brioche pastry is published on the Instagram page of food blogger Daria with the nickname recepti_dariko.
- flour - 500 g
- sugar - 150 g
- dry yeast - 16 g
- vanilla sugar - 1 tsp.
- salt - pinch
- eggs - 350 g
- butter - 300 gr
Method of preparation:
1. Mix the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, vanilla sugar, then add the eggs and knead well. You can do this in a food processor or with your hands.
2. Introduce the cold butter one piece at a time, mixing everything for about 15 minutes. The dough will be sticky.
3. Cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 2-3 hours.
4. The dough should have doubled in volume. Knead and leave in the refrigerator overnight to proof cold.
5. The dough will become quite tight. If you want, you can add nuts, dried fruit.
6. Divide into the required number of parts.
7. Roll into balls and place in the forms. Grease the top with egg yolk diluted with water.
8. Cover with clingfilm and leave in the warm place for 2-3 hours.
9. Brush the dough on top with egg again, bake in a preheated 180 degrees oven for 10 minutes with steam (on the bottom of the sheet - boiling) and 30 minutes without steam.
10. Decorate the cooled pastries with icing.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: