Without vinegar and sterilization: recipe for delicious pepper lecho for winter
Lecho is a spicy and delicious vegetable appetizer, which is prepared from summer vegetables: sweet bell peppers, tomatoes and even zucchini. For a bright flavor, the dish can be supplemented with spicy spices or garlic.
- tomatoes - 2 kg
- bell pepper - 3 kg
- sugar - 1 cup (180 g)
- vegetable oil - 1 cup (200 ml)
- rock salt - 2 tbsp (to taste)
Method of preparation:
1. First, you need to wash and grind the tomatoes through a meat grinder.
2. To the resulting tomato puree, add sugar, salt, vegetable oil. Mix everything thoroughly.
3. Place the mixture over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. At this time, peel and chop the peppers and add them to the boiling mixture. Bring everything to a boil and cook for another 15 minutes. The peppers should be soft but not falling apart.
5. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add bay leaves and peas of pepper.
6. At this stage, you need to place the lecho in sterile jars and seal with lids. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can familiarize yourself with recipes: