What to make for breakfast from yesterday's bread: fall French toast ideas
Yesterday's bread and seasonal plums are the perfect tandem for making a delicious breakfast. These products can be used to make hearty French toast in just a few minutes. This dish will perfectly diversify your diet and add a truly autumnal color.
- Yesterday's white bread
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 50 g chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp dried ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
Ingredients for glazed plums:
- 5-6 plums
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cane sugar
- 2 tbsp margarine or vegan butter
Ingredients to serve:
- thick vegetable yogurt
1. Mix milk with flour, spices and syrup.
2. Cut the bread into thick strips.
3. Dip in the prepared batter, keep the bread in it for some time to absorb the mixture.
4. Fry the bread in a well heated pan with oil on both sides.
5. Prepare the plums: place margarine, halves or quarters of plums in a pan, sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with red wine vinegar.
6. Stir and cook over low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
7. Assemble breakfast: smear toast with vegetable yogurt, fold into sandwiches and top with plums.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: