What meat to choose for green borscht with sorrel
Fresh sorrel is a great base for making classic green borscht. Add whipped or chopped eggs or eat as a snack with a piece of gray bread and onions. It is very important to choose the right meat for the broth to get rich.
Ingredients for broth:
- 300-400 grams of pork ribs
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 3 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 100-150 grams of canned beans in their juice
- 100-150 grams of lard
- bunch of sorrel
- 2 eggs
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
Method of preparation:
1. Boil the broth with the ribs.
2. Add 1 whole onion and carrot.
3. Cook over low heat under a lid for one hour.
4. Add finely diced potatoes, grind 1 onion, cut lard and salt.
5. Add finely chopped sorrel and beans to the pot along with the liquid.
6. Add bay leaf and salt.
7. Add beaten eggs in a thin stream into the water and infuse.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can find recipes: