What is relish and how to make it: a recipe for a budget and tasty snack with beets
Relish is a delicious and original sauce with vegetables and fruit. It can be used as a spread and eaten with toast or sandwiches, as well as a seasoning for main dishes.
- boiled beets - 2 pcs.
- green apple - 1 pc
- pear - 2 pcs
- grated ginger - 1 tsp.
- apple cider vinegar - 3 tbsp
- cloves - 4 pcs
- juice of 1\2 lemon
- ground cumin - 1\2 tsp.
- cinnamon - 1\2 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Boil beets in advance until tender and grate them on a coarse grater. Grate apples as well. Chop pears into cubes.
2. Put the prepared fruit and beets in a saucepan, add ginger, vinegar, cloves, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Put everything on fire and cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes.
3. At this point, remove the relish from the stove and let cool. Then put it in a glass jar and refrigerate.
4. Ready-made relish can be eaten with bread or brioche, or added to burgers or rolls. Enjoy!
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL reported how to make Tkemali sauce from plums.