What is gibanica and how to cook it: recipe shared by a blogger
Gibanica is a traditional Serbian pie, loved throughout the Balkan peninsula. It is prepared both for everyday and served on the festive table. The base of the dish is phyllo dough, as well as filling in the form of sour milk and hard cheese. It comes out very soft, juicy and will definitely please everyone.
- phyllo dough - 10 sheets
- 5% cottage cheese - 300 g
- any other hard cheese - 200 g
- sour cream 20% - 100 g
- eggs - 4 pcs
- butter - 50 g
Method of preparation:
1. First of all, break eggs into a bowl, add cottage cheese and sour cream, salt. Thoroughly mix the mass until homogeneous.
2. Grate the hard cheese.
5. Top the pie with a sheet of pastry (or two), brush with butter and egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Bon appetit!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: