What is baba sharpanina and how to cook it: a forgotten Ukrainian recipe
Baba sharpanina is an undeservedly forgotten dish of Ukrainian cuisine, which is more than two centuries old. Its name is mentioned even on the pages of Kotlyarevsky's poem "Aeneid" as one of the best delicacies on the table of King Latina.
This dish is a casserole of fish, which was traditionally based on taran or chabaka. For feast meals pike-perch was used. FoodOboz editorial staff will share with you a simple recipe of the forgotten fish dish - baba charpanina.
- fish - 1 kg
- flour - 1 tbsp
- frying oil - 2,5 tbsp.
- fish broth - 1 tbsp.
- onions - 2 pcs.
- salt, pepper
1. First peel and wash the fish. Put it into a saucepan, pour water, add salt and put on the fire. Cook for 30 minutes from the moment of boiling.
2. When the fish is boiling, take it out of the broth, cool it, separate it from the bones and tear it into pieces with your hands.
3. chop the onions and fry until golden.
4. Add the flour to the fish broth and stir to a doughy consistency. The consistency should resemble liquid porridge.
5. Add the fried onions to the dough and stir again.
6. On the bottom of the greased with vegetable oil form put the fish, pour the batter, and pepper. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes. Done!
Previously OBOZREVATEL reported how to cook ancient apple dessert gamma.