Vegetable stew with eggplant and zucchini: what will make the dish tender and flavorful
Stew is the perfect meal for lunch and dinner. Traditionally, it is prepared from seasonal vegetables: eggplant, zucchini, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, and herbs. If desired, it can be supplemented with meat.
- zucchini (optional)
- shallot (or scallion)
- olive oil
- fresh herbs/greens
- salt, pepper, dried garlic
Method of preparation:
1. Cut all the necessary vegetables into large chunks. Place in a baking dish or ceramic pot.
2. Pour olive oil on top of the vegetables, add spices and herbs.
3. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
A side note:
- Use fresh and quality vegetables, and try to cut them in equal pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with spices and use whatever you like. For a brighter flavor, add tomato sauce or pasta, which makes the texture of the stew tender and uniform.
- Before serving, add fresh herbs such as parsley or dill. These will add freshness and flavor to your stew.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: