Universal tomato sauce with secret ingredients for winter: suitable for pizza or borscht
From juicy seasonal tomatoes you can make a delicious universal sauce for the winter. It will be a great alternative to a variety of store ketchups and tomato paste. The sauce is very versatile, so it can be used for pizza, borscht and other dishes.
The idea of preparing a universal sauce from tomatoes for the winter is published on the page of foodblogger Varvara with the nickname valerikiry in Instagram. Apples add a special sour-sweet flavor to the sauce.
- tomatoes - 3.5 kg
- onions - 500 g
- apples - 600 g
- sweet pepper - 4 pcs.
- hot pepper - 1 pc.
- garlic - 2 heads
- bay leaf - 3 pcs.
- 9% vinegar - 40 ml
- cinnamon - 0.5 tsp.
- sugar - 4 tbsp.
- salt - 1.5 tablespoons.
Method of preparation:
1. Cut tomatoes into 4 pieces, put on fire, bring to the boil, drain excess juice.
2. Add the same chopped onion, apples, sweet and hot peppers, garlic cloves and bay leaves.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Turn down to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes, then remove bay leaves.
5. Beat with a blender, pass through a sieve.
8. Pour hot ketchup into sterilized jars and close for the winter.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can familiarize yourself with recipes: