Universal cream cheese "Philadelphia" for desserts and snacks: what to make
Philadelphia cream cheese is very versatile. It can be used to make all kinds of desserts, as well as for light snacks and even main dishes. And if you used to buy this product in stores, you can now make it at home, because it is much more budget-friendly
The idea of making homemade cream cheese "Philadelphia" from four components is published on the page of food blogger Daria Ivanova(eatme_daily) on Instagram. The cheese will be ready after it stays in the fridge overnight.
- fat sour cream (30% or 20%) - 325-400 g
- thick yogurt without fillers - 400-500 g
- lemon juice - 1 tsp.
- salt - 1/2 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Mix the yogurt and sour cream with a whisk, add the lemon juice and salt and stir again.
2. Take a colander and put it in a deep bowl to drain the liquid.
3. On a colander put 2-3 layers of gauze.
4. Pour the milk mixture on the gauze, cover the ends of the future cheese, put a plate and a weight on top.
5. Send overnight in the refrigerator.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: