Ukrainian-style Roman pizza to serve with halushky, sauce and juicy homemade tomatoes
If you add our homemade tomatoes to the traditional Roman pizza, as well as a flavorful sauce to the halushky with herbs and cheese, the dish can already be considered half Ukrainian. The peculiarity of such baking is that the dough turns out to be very puffy and soft. The whole secret is in the starter.
Ingredients for the opah:
- 240 g pizza flour
- 240 g cold water
- 0.35 g dry quick-acting yeast
Ingredients for the main dough:
- 360 g pizza flour
- 180 g water
- 3 g dry quick-acting yeast
- 20 g honey
- 20 g olive oil
- 9 g salt
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 30 g butter
- 30 g vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 25 g hard cheese
- 25 g mozzarella or suluguni
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Sauce preparation method:
1. Heat butter and vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add chopped garlic and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes (garlic should not brown).
3. Cool, add parsley and cheese.
Method of preparation of the starter:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a container and mix.
2. Cover the container with a lid and leave at room temperature for 9-11 hours.
Method of preparing the dough:
1. Pour 140 g of cool water into the container with the starter and pour in 250 g of flour.
2. Mix well until homogeneous.
3. Cover the container with a lid and leave at room temperature (22-24 degrees Celsius) for 20-30 minutes.
4. Dissolve the yeast in the remaining water.
5. Add the remaining flour, starter, honey and salt to the dough.
6. Mix the dough well with your hand (as if pushing it down).
7. Add the olive oil and knead the dough well with your hand.
8. Cover the container and leave at a room temperature for 30 minutes.
9. Moisten your hands with water and make the first assembly, flatten the dough.
10. Cover the container and leave for 30 minutes. Make the second assembly.
11. Close the container and leave it for 40 minutes. Make a third assembly.
12. Close the container and leave for 40-45 minutes.
13. Sprinkle baking parchment with flour and semolina.
14. Place the dough on the parchment and stretch to a diameter of 35 cm, cover and leave for 15-20 minutes.
Shaping the pizza:
1. Pour the sauce over the dough.
2. Bake in a preheated oven at 260 degrees Celsius on the second level from the bottom for about 7-9 minutes (steam the first 4 minutes).
3. Transfer the tray to second level from the top and continue to bake for another 3-5 minutes.
4. Chop tomatoes, add other ingredients and season to taste.
5. Place tomatoes on the dough, drizzle with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can find recipes: