Ukrainian dumplings with salted cottage cheese: recipe for the best dish for the whole family
Homemade dumplings are most often made with salty or sweet cottage cheese. However, the most important thing is to make a good soft and elastic dough that will not fall apart. The best is considered to be choux pastry made with water.
- cottage cheese - 400 g
- onion - 2 pcs
- butter - 50 g
- eggs - 1 pc
For the dough:
- flour - 400 g
- hot water - 220 ml
- sunflower oil - 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
1. To make the dough, mix flour, salt, oil and hot water. First, stir the mass with a spoon. When it cools down, knead the dough with your hands. It should be elastic and soft. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film and leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Chop onion and fry it in a frying pan until golden brown. Add butter at the end.
3. Mix cottage cheese, onion, egg, salt and pepper.
4. At this stage, you can make dumplings. To do this, roll out the dough and cut out circles. Add the filling in each of them.
5. Boil the dumplings in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
You can also find more recipes on OBOZREVATEL: