Ukrainian baked stuffed pumpkin: recipe for an exquisite holiday dish
Pumpkin is a popular fall vegetable used to make soup, porridge, pancakes and salads. However, it can also be deliciously baked in the oven and stuffed with a filling. This dish will diversify the daily routine and will impress all guests at the festive table.
- pumpkin - 1 kg
- rice - 100 g
- raisins - 50 g
- sour cream - 100 g
- eggs - 2 pcs
- semolina - 1 tbsp
- sugar - 2-3 tbsp
Method of preparation:
1. First, you need to prepare the pumpkin. Cut off the top (do not throw it away) and clear the middle from the seeds and pulp (do not throw it away either). Peel the vegetable so that the walls' thickness is 1 centimeter.
2. Pour water into the pot, add washed rice, put on the fire and boil until half cooked.
3. Mix boiled rice, pumpkin, raisins, sour cream, salt and sugar until smooth.
4. Beat the eggs separately until fluffy. Add to the general mixture together with the semolina.
5. Put the stuffing into the pumpkin, cover it with the top and wrap it in foil. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
You can also find more recipes on OBOZREVATEL: