Tzatziki: how to make a refreshing and versatile sauce for salads, meat and fish
Greek tzatziki sauce is the perfect substitute for mayonnaise. It is versatile and suitable as a salad dressing, a sauce for fish, meat and vegetables. At the same time, it is prepared simply and quickly.
- Greek yogurt
- salt, pepper, dried garlic
Method of preparation:
1. First, peel the cucumber and grate it on a medium grater.
2. Peel and grate garlic on a fine grater.
3. Place yogurt in a bowl, add cucumber and garlic. Season with your favorite spices, classic - salt, pepper and optionally you can add dried garlic. Mix everything thoroughly and use the dressing. Done!!!
What else you can add to the sauce:
- The tangy flavor and sourness of the sauce is given by lemon juice.
- For a fresh aroma and taste you can add your favorite herbs: dill or parsley.
- Especially tender sauce will make olive oil.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: