The easiest homemade kharcho soup for dinner for the whole family
Kharcho is a very spicy and savory traditional Georgian meat soup. The most important thing in the dish is a rich broth and spicy roast. The dish is characterized by a special spiciness in the classic version. The food can be supplemented with rice, walnuts, cilantro and even tkemali sauce for a bright flavor.
- chicken meat (I have fillet) - 500 g
- rice - 0.5 cup
- carrots - 1 pc
- onion - 1 pc
- garlic - 3 cloves
- butter - 50 g
- tomato paste - 2-3 tbsp.
- water - 2-2,5 liters
Method of preparation:
1. Fill a pot with water, put it on fire and bring to boil. Cut meat and put it in the boiling water. Cook on medium heat under a lid until ready.
2. Next, put washed rice into the broth. Cook for 15 minutes, then salt the soup.
3. Chop onions and grate carrots. Fry in butter for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste to the vegetables and press garlic. Stir and stew on low heat under a lid for 7 minutes.
5. Transfer the cooked roast to the broth and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. When serving, sprinkle the dish with greens. Bon appetit!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: