Tender and thick apricot jam: no thickeners, pectin or gelatin
Fresh apricots are a great ingredient for baked dishes, desserts, compotes and even liqueur. For the winter, it is best to make jam. It is not necessary to use different thickeners, just know the correct proportions.
- citric acid + vanilla
The proportion of apricots and sugar is 1:1.
Method of preparation:
1. First prepare the apricots: wash them, remove the pips and cut into 4 pieces.
2. Fill the prepared apricots with sugar and leave in this form for a few hours so that the fruit starts to sap.
3. When a few hours have passed, put the container with apricots on fire. Bring to the boil, remove from the stove and strain the mass through a sieve.
4. Put on fire again and cook until thickened, adding citric acid and vanilla.
5. Pour hot jam into sterile jars and seal with lids. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: