Sweet tart with strawberries and custard: tastier than any cakes
If you want to prepare a delicious dessert for the family - it does not have to be a multi-layered sponge cake. A successful idea will be to make a crispy tart with custard. For the filling, seasonal strawberries will work perfectly.
The idea of making a strawberry tart with custard is published on the Instagram page of food blogger Kateryna with the nickname recepty_przepisy. Delicate cream and crispy pastry combine very successfully with each other.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 250 g flour
- 120 g cold butter
- 60 g powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the cream:
- 500 ml milk
- 60 g vanilla pudding or 40 g cornstarch and 20 g flour
- 80 g sugar
- 15 g vanilla sugar
- 60 g butter
- mint leaves
Dough preparation method:
1. Add diced cold butter to the flour, rub into crumbs with your hands.
2. Pour in the powdered sugar and salt, then add the egg.
3. Quickly knead the dough.
4. Wrap in clingfilm and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. For the cream, in a saucepan combine 400 ml of milk, sugar, vanilla sugar, put on the fire.
6. Add the pudding/starch to the rest of the milk and stir until smooth.
7. Pour this mixture into the boiling milk, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened.
8. Finally add the soft butter, knead until smooth.
9. Cover with foil in contact and cool to room temperature.
10. Roll the dough into a circle, transfer to a mold (28 cm) for the tart.
11. Flatten and scoop up the rest of the dough.
12. Make punctures with a fork, cover with parchment and pour in peas or other weight.
13. Bake at 190 degrees for 20 minutes.
14. Remove the weight and bake for another 15-20 minutes until browned.
15. Cool the tart, put the cream on top, smooth it out.
16. Arrange the strawberries and mint.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: