Spectacular Georgian salad with eggplant: tastier than "Caesar"
In spring, you always want light and nutritious salads without mayonnaise and fatty meat. Especially if they contain a lot of seasonal vegetables and a variety of herbs.
Georgian salad is exactly what you need. It contains a lot of spices, eggplant and bell pepper. Also, boiled chicken. And this masterpiece is dressed with olive oil.
The idea of cooking Georgian eggplant salad was published on the Instagram page of food blogger Olha Holovina (olha.holovina). This dish can be an interesting alternative to the popular "Caesar" salad.
- eggplant - 1 large or 2 smaller ones
- bell pepper - 2 small ones
- chicken fillet - 200-300 g
- blue onion - 1 pc. + wine vinegar for marinade
- cilantro - to taste
- suneli hops - to taste
- garlic - 3 cloves
- olive oil - 2-3 tbsp
- balsamic sauce - 2 tbsp
- nuts - to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Make small cuts in the eggplant and pepper and bake them for 40 minutes at 190 degrees.
2. Boil the chicken fillet with sweet peas and bay leaf.
3. Cut the onion into half rings and pour over the wine vinegar. Leave for half an hour to marinate.
4. Let the cooked vegetables cool, remove the skin and cut into strips or tear them into fibers by hand.
5. Do the same with the chicken. Mix everything and add the onion and chopped cilantro. Season with olive oil, balsamic sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir and sprinkle with pomegranate or walnuts.
You can also find recipes on OBOZREVATEL: