Sour-sweet tomatoes for winter: exact proportions for a three-liter jar
Pickled tomatoes are a tasty and juicy appetizer for all occasions. You can marinate them and add a variety of herbs and aromatic spices. The most important thing in the preparation is to make a successful marinade and observe the proportions.
Ingredients for 4 three-liter jars (for 12 liters):
- onion - 2-3 pcs
- parsley - bundle
- sweet pepper - 3 pcs
- peas - 5 pcs per jar
- garlic - 3 cloves
- bay leaves - 2 pcs per jar
- sugar - 20 tbsp.
- salt - 5 tbsp.
- vinegar - 350 g
Method of preparation:
1. First you need to wash tomatoes, jars and lids.
2. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Place onion slices, parsley, bay leaves, peppercorns and garlic in the bottom of each jar.
4. Tuck tomatoes in. Add strips of pepper if desired. Fill jars with boiling water.
5. Pour the same amount of water into the pot as last time and put back on the heat. Bring to a boil.
6. Add all the marinade ingredients to the boiling water and bring it to a boil again.
7. Drain the water from the jars. Pour the hot marinade into the jars instead.
8. Cover the jars with lids, turn them upside down and cover with something warm. Move the jars to a cold place the next day. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: